cracked crossmember

95 F150 looking at a friend's truck found that his crossmember cracked near the front differential on the drivers side. is this unusual or a result of rough use? he does plow with it but it still seems like a beam that thick should hold up. the truck did have the plow prep pkg.

Thanks for the input. bb

Reply to
rmb

Pete

I have one just like it. It was in a wreck once where the frame was pulled. It would feel funny driving. Jacking it up the crack and other damage would slip back into place making it hard to see. The steering box would flex making right hand turns very hard. I welded it twice. The truck is waiting for me to put another frame under it. I do have another frame. Crawl under the truck far enough to watch the frame area and have a freind turn the wheel lock to lock. Thats when the worst of it is visible. When you jack it up the crack would come together and be hard to see.

Reply to
Janet Lorigan