Defeatin corrosion on Golf cart battery terminals??????????

Hi Group: I have a Club Car, and am having problems with the corrosion eating away the connections on the batteries. Any suggestions to defeat this? Pennies on batteries didnt attract any corrosion.

Reply to
Joe

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:35:24 +0000, Joe rearranged some electrons to form:

I think you're in the wrong group.

Reply to
David M

I don't think he is.

Reply to
Indianaradio

- ensure the operating voltage/draw in within specs - to make sure the batteries aren't overheating.

- the battery box must be vented - see that the vent openings are clear.

- clean the battery tops w/ baking soda whenever they get too wet on top.

- after complete cleaning of batts, terminals, wires and surrounding materials, (and drying, of course) spray all metal bits with a quality battery corrosion paint/sealant (local auto parts dealers all have it) to protect the metal from contact w/ the acid/air mixture.

At least that's the way we do it on airplanes.... Dave

Reply to
David Ward

There is a product called Fluid Film. It comes in a spray can or a liquid. Coat the terminals with this stuff and no more corrosion. It's not available just anywhere. Type it in your search engine to find a place to buy it. This stuff doesn't evaporate.

Ron

Reply to
R&B