Difficult rotor removal E-250

Just got back from my mechanic and he said that he would cut the rotors if he could get them off without ruining them, but for some reason they usually get ruined during removal. I have never heard that before. Is this the case sometimes?

2002 E-250 45K V-8

they have never been removed before.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
rmg

I would change mechanics. unless all he owns is a sledge hammer, then you could buy him a smaller one. old john

Hello, rmg! You wrote on Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:29:38 -0700:

r> 2002 E-250 45K V-8

r> they have never been removed before.

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
ajeeperman

Go to a shop that specializes in brakes...in an extremely rare, extreme-extremely rare stupidity instance, the rotor might have been tack welded to the axel.

Henry

Reply to
Henry B Jobin

That is stupid to even think that possible. How would it turn? And what would you weld? And why?

Steve Barker

It's called a rotor because it "rotates" ! What rotates ? Wheels ? axel's ?

why ?

It was just a thought, stupid maybe....broken studs, quick fix, who knows why folks like you do what you do ?

Henry

Reply to
Henry B Jobin