E4OD is now what?

What is it they call the E4OD now, what year did it change, and what (if any) differences are there in the two?

Reply to
Steve Barker

I think it changed in 99 or 2000 to the 4R100

differences are in the case, the 4R100 has a cover for a PTO option; and the TCC is a PWM-type apply instead of straight on-off

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Thanks Gary, I'm doing a fleet database at work in excel and have included a column for transmission. I have two that meet the 2000 or newer criteria. NOW what the heck is that abortion that dodge calls a hd overdrive in the diesel one tons called?

Reply to
Steve Barker

A618, thru 95 (hydraulic governor); 47 RE from 96 up, electronic covernor set-up

the 618 was also called a 47 RH

oh, one more thing

the E4OD was made thru 97, the 4R100 started production in 97, so there's a year overlap (not a clear-cut change between 99 and 2000 as I said earlier)

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

The pto cover being the most obvious way to tell eh?

Reply to
Steve Barker

One more question. I know, I ask a lot of questions.. What is the one called on the 5.2 L '99 dakota 4x4?

NOW I'll leave you alone.

Reply to
Steve Barker
46 RE

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

yup

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Abortion? I think you meant to say "abomination" or something. :-)

-D

PS. I have no opinion on it either way, because I don't know how to compare designs and builds of transmissions

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

Perhaps I should have said "should have been an abortion of a transmission."

Reply to
Steve Barker

OK! thanks for all the info.

Reply to