F-150 headlight question

A google groups search turned up the below post. (yes, he's replying to Yours Truly.) Does anyone know what year range Daniel is referring to? I'd be interested to see if those part numbers are still good, ASSuming that 1993 falls in the range for which the below advice is applicable. Anyone up on their Mexican trucks?

thanks,

Nate

> Newsgroups: rec.autos.driving > From: Daniel Stern Lighting > Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:30:53 -0400 > Local: Mon, Apr 2 2001 7:30 pm > Subject: E-codes for F150s, was Re: Headlight Torture > Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original |

Reply to
N8N

Another idea, has anyone tried any of the aftermarket headlights available for this vehicle, like eBay item 160129583752, and if so, are they the typical ricer cheez like I expect or do they actually offer an improvement in beam pattern over stock?

thanks,

nate

N8N

If it is any help:

Those are 1998 part numbers.

C=1960s D=1970s E=1980s F=1990s

Guess the only way to tell is to look at pictures and see what years the grills looked like what. Sadly the trick of googling the part number doesn't turn up anything.

Reply to
Brent P

don't know about that ricey stuff... but the taiwan eagle eyes 1998 cobra knock off lamps I have on my mustang are better than the stock GT units. Of course the stock GT units were so bad that turning them off sometimes (in certain weather) was better than having them on.

As Daniel said, some ford lamps are so bad that even the knock off is better and IME he was correct.

Reply to
Brent P

N8N said in rec.autos.driving:

What, don't they make Euro-spec HID lamp assemblies for F-150s?

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Actually that is very helpful. Unfortunately since the year range I'm looking for is apparently 93-96, it's not helpful in the way I was hoping :(

nate

Reply to
N8N

Sometimes the date code at the begining is to the last revision as well. But for headlamps I would expect you'd be looking at an F2 or F3 part number, probably an F6 at the latest.

Reply to
Brent P

If you know where I can find some, or even just any E-codes (regular parabolic, projector, HID, I don't care) please let me know.

nate

Reply to
N8N