F250 Soft Brakes

My '94, 7.5liter F250 brakes work fine, don't leak, don't pull, etc. But as I apply the brakes, the peddle will slowly sink to near the floor well after
the brakes lock up.
Is this normal for this brake system?
Pete
sure sounds like you have a problem with the master cylinder...

||My '94, 7.5liter F250 brakes work fine, don't leak, don't pull, etc. But as ||I apply the brakes, the peddle will slowly sink to near the floor well after ||the brakes lock up. || ||Is this normal for this brake system?
It's normal for a vehicle with a failing master cylinder, yes. Texas Parts Guy
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:17:48 -0600, "Pete Holden"

Bad master cylinder. Hit up your dealer for a rebuild kit and the local autoparts store for a master cylinder hone. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours TOPS to rebuild the thing, flush and bleed the brake system.
No disrespect, Kevin, but it's easier and just as cheap to replace it with a reman unit. Too many mistakes can be made by someone with limited or no experience with a rebuild, especially with your brakes.
Now, if it was your mother-in-laws brakes, that'd be different.
lol
Spdloader
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net> wrote in message wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:30:45 GMT, "Spdloader"

Sorry. My cheap-bastarditis reared its ugly head again. :) I once "honed" the master brake cylinder on my old '87 Toyota Pickup with 400 grit wet-dry sandpaper wrapped around a SQUARE piece of wood. Put new seals on the piston and put it all back together. Worked great.

Yeah, I'd have said, "That's how they're supposed to work. Now go drive that f***er like you stole it!"

Site Timeline