fanbelt(s) help F-100

I know - dumb question - I have to replace the 3 belts on my '82 F-100 tomorrow a.m. Do I need to get a big pair of pliers, or can I just use a socket set and a big pipe to push the components (loosen/tighten)??

4.9 inline 6 w/air/conditioning, power steering.... any help is appreciated - thanks!! snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net there's a deep clicking when I slow down - sounds like the universal, or maybe wheel bearings (right rear or center rear) I drove it 20 miles with the emergency brake on - hey I had my 9 yr old daughter talking away at me, and I'm used to a '72 VW... there was a bit of smoke coming from the back right wheel, and now the brakes are okay if I baby them, but if I slam them on, there's a horrible screeching, and I slide right through red lights.... not pleasant... no access to my mechanic for 2 weeks, and then I get the shocks replaced, brakes done all around, etc. again - THANKS!! Paul
Reply to
pmbedard

I usually use a wood broom stick to press the alt, etc, tight, while tightening the bolts. Don't use anything that might break something...or if you do, be real careful...

Sounds like you need brake work, or something along those lines...The smoke sounds like the brake was sticking, and nearly burned up. Maybe a bad wheel cyl, etc... MK

Reply to
Mark Keith