Fog Lamp OverRide 2001 SuperCrew

Hey guys, I've got a question here for you all, is it possible to have a quick fix to override the factory setting for the HighBeam/Fog Lamp lock out?? I have a 2001 Super crew? anyone???

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Robb S via CarKB.com

Don't know about where you are but here in Ontario, Canada that is not legal so that is why the fog lamps turn off when the high beams are switched on. I picked up a set of driving lights for $19.99 and mounted them in behind my grill with a relay so they come on only when I am on high beam. The replacement bulbs for them are also much much cheaper than the #9145 bulbs in my fog lamps ($9 as opposed to $24) so replacing bulbs isn't as big a bother. I just find it wierd that a 55W driving light is supposed to only be on when the high beams are on and a 55W fog light is the other way around. Then too you can get into the daytime running lights which only come on with the low beams. I refer to the seperate lights that are not physically part of the headlight type. If they are "daytime" running lights why do they stay on at night?

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

It is a fairly easy upgrade if you are comfortable grinding away at your headlamp switch with a dremel tool. Is this the superduty? or the f150? The mod may be different. Check over at FTE:

and do a search for complete instructions. And be patient while waiting for a reply, most of us don't stay awake all night ;-)

Reply to
JJ

= A fog light is allowed to be mounted lower to the ground to get under the fog, this reduces light reflection. If you run high beams at the same time you lose the advantage of fog lamps. Also when there is "no" fog, fog lights will give more glare to the oncoming traffic(mounted lower). this doesn't happen with higher mounted driving lights.

Reply to
GeoffP

Makes sense. Thanks muchly for the explanation.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Reply to