Ford Aerostar update

Keeping y'all posted on my 95 Ford aerostar.. Engine runs good , but still has a little miss and of course bad vibration... I have done a lot of work on it over the past few days. and heres whatI have found.. I bought in inline spark tester that connects between the wire and sparkplug and I got really good spark from what I Saw of the tester .. best tool I own right now I Think.. also bought a noid light set for checking the injector harness wiring agan everything checks fine..I also pulled the upper intake plenum to get at the injectors so I could listen to the clicks used my homemade tool to listen to each injector and they all were working..

The only thing puzzling me is ... when the engine was running I pulled the wiring from the injectors that were accessble and whitch is the right side. I pulled the Front and back first and each time was a noticable difference in how the engine runs yet when I pulled the one in the midde it was not at all noticable whitch I find strange.... maybe not a big deal I don't know yet this injector works so who knows ?? maybe it doesn't work as well as it should...

Chris

Reply to
Wolfie 31

Pulling those injectors is exactly the same as performing a cylinder balance test. When you cut fuel to a cylinder, a miss should develop. When you find a cylinder that doesnt' change, you know you've found you problem.

The next thing you have to do is to find out what's wrong with that cylinder. It could be a bad/clogged injector. It could be valve problems; it could be low compression.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Speaking of clicks.........I've been wondering about a slight click on my right bank (94 460 FI). I was assuming it was a lifter not pumping up all the way. Is it possible it's an injector? It mostly clicks at very light throttle.

MM^^

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Very possible.