Error Code 27

I have gotten this code since I got my crate engine started. I have checked the wires and all that good stuff. What can I do to correct this issue?

Reply to
GTI

GTI proclaimed:

Check em again. You have a fuel injector that isn't moving when hit with a feed pulse. Or if it is moving the feedback isn't getting back properly. Might be damaged wire in the feedback if the engine is running *smoothly*. Could be a jammed injector but would expect that to cause a bit of roughness much like an injector not opening. If jammed open, you'd know it already.

Reply to
Lon

Yeah it idles rough. I was thinking it could be clogged up.

Reply to
GTI

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

It's possible that GTI accidentally swapped injector wires. Can't remember which pair but I know two of them both come out the same location on the rail. That's why the noid lights are handy.

Some shops also have the Sun tool that can watch both spark and injectors to determine what's going on.

I'd start with a noid light first.

Reply to
DougW

I'd agree for reasonably normal operation above freezing, but I may have falsely presumed that the new engine did not come with new injectors... or if it did, possibly one is no good.

Jerry Bransford proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I checked to make sure I didn't have any of the injectors switched around. The #1 and #2 injector come out of the same hole. I thought I had them backwards but I switched them around and I still have the same error code. Tomorrow is a new day nd I will be out early to see what i can figure out.

Reply to
GTI

The computer cannot detect a stuck or plugged injector. It only monitors the electrical circuit integrity. There is an open or a short in one of your injector circuits. Start by determining which cylinder is misfiring, then check wiring to that injector and resistance across the injector terminals.

Reply to
bllsht