Ford E-150 Van

I had a couple of these when I was a young hoe hopper. And I would like to relive a fond memory and get one for camping and trips from Fla to the north east. How are the new ones? Gas mileage?

I test drove one recently and it felt solid. But they insist on selling it with an 8 cyl/?? I drove a Chevy Astro van immediatly after and could feel the difference (cheapness of the Chevy). Is Ford much better?

Can I get it in a 6??? They gave me a good offer on one that had some upgrades such as seats and body color and power window and locks etc. -around $18,300 plus tax and tag.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

let me tell you a short story and you'll decide against the 6

several of our local contractors...electricians, HVAC guys, carpenters, have full-size Chevy and Dodge vans with the v-6's

they bought them for 'better mileage.....but with any load atall, it's pedal-to-the-metal most all the time

they actuall get worse mileage than they would with a 350 or 360

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to
scott and barb" .