Front wheel bearings '95 F150 4x4

Changing the brake pads on my truck yesterday, noticed a wheel bearing sounds rough. All I have to illistrate this job is a Chilton "Big Book" on Ford trucks through 1993. No help at all on this. Parts books show an (optional?) Dana 44 axle. Any way of telling what axle I have, short of crawling under it in the mud? it's a 5-bolt, hub covers have 3 Torx screws (T27). under that is a cast aluminum piece that looks ike it wants a special wrench. Is there an online step-by-step for this operation? Any "gotchas"?

Thanks in advance.

Rex Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
rex