Hard Start and low/no idle

OK, the problem of the month. I have an '05 250 SD 4x4 ext cab SB with the 5.4l v8 motor. Tonight, when I started it, the truck would not idle. it started fine, not sluggish or long cranking, it just would not hold an idle. It has done this sporadically. Sometimes when it was cold, or sitting for a couple of days. has anyone had this happen? What was the cure? Could it be something as simple as the air cleaner? I run a K&N and haven't checked it lately (my bad). Plugs? Fuel filter? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
No One

Chuck