Help!!!!!!!!!

After the ordeal of replacing the rear springs/shocks on my 96' Ranger 2wd, I foolishly decided to tackle the front end-you should see the looks I get at the spring shop- I've run into a serious roadblock. Can't get the axle-radius arm bolt out. Got the top shock keeper nuts off without too much difficulty, the bolt will not turn or let it self get beat out of the axle. I've used a 1/2 drive ratchet with a two foot cheater, managed to destroy the head of the ratchet-cracked-and a 425 ft. lb rated im pact wrench-nothing. Considering the purchase of a breaker and using the two foot cheater, have also used liquid wrench. Have got the bolt red hot with mapp gas, but am reluctant to put any heat on the axle as it is a cast piece. Any thoughts? Do not want to have to remove the front axle.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

"John Cairns" snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote in news:ryy8e.225$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

What the f**k are you trying to do???? On the bottom the nut comes off, nothing else. Leave the axel alone. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff