How rare is my truck?

How do I find out how many units Ford made of one particular model? I have a 97 F250 light duty. It's an F250 with the new style F150 body. 5.4L, E40D tranny, 3.73 rear, 4x4, 7200 lbs GVWR, side exhaust,

7-lug wheels. In 97, the Super Duty trucks were the old style. I rarely see any of these trucks around and would like to know how "rare" this truck might be. Any websites out there that would have this info?
Reply to
mtpiper

They only made one of them and now you are stuck with it. Ford couldn't give those trucks away. Why do you think they only made a few? Why did you buy this truck anyway?

Reply to
BaghdadBob

I had one in Saddle tan & Torreador red. They are out there but there aren't that many. I bought mine specifically for it's rareity, however, my wife totaled it.

Going to the car parts store was always a chore, not many of the fellows (or computers) would understand "Light Duty F-250". Twice I had to take the counter guy out to the truck and show him the seven lug rims and the badge because he wanted to be a smart-ass and tell me I was confused.

Reply to
Jeepers

Baloney. I see them all the time. They were a stop-gap for between the Superdutys and the Lightduties. I have seen them in many configurations too. I saw, in Del Rio, one that was a regular cab short box 2wd once. Mostly they are in Ext Cab 4x4 configuration. They were sold mainly as towing rigs for snowbirds.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
mtpiper

Actually, they only built one. There were only two fools who were dumb enough to buy one. You appear to be the second fool who bought it from the first fool. Guess what happens when it comes time to sell it? Hopefully another fool will have been born by then.

Reply to
BaghdadBob

Reply to
Gromit

Vomit, I really appreciate your comment, but the real question is "Why would anyone buy one of those things used? I might understand the poor slob that bought it new when nobody knew what a piece of crap they were. But to buy one on the used market with all of the facts being available, classifies one as not even being the dullest knife in the drawer..

question.

Reply to
BaghdadBob

Cute change to my name. I can see the level of mentality I'm dealing with, and its not worth any further comment from me.

Reply to
Gromit

Wow. Yet another well thought out answer from BaghdadBob. Have a nice day, Bob.

And... How am I going to "use" this information? Personal use. I'm just curious.

I have never had any expectation that this truck would have a "rarity" value. Geez, it's a 7 year old Ford for crying out loud. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition!

Reply to
mtpiper

Opportunity of a lifetime: Extremely rare 1997 Ford F250 Light Duty. Internet sources say that this was a special one off project from Ford built for the 1998 Detroit auto show (well, Bob says that there was only one built). This is a virtually priceless vehicle but I am willing to part with this one of a kind in order to finance the third wing at my vacation home. "A national treasure" -Smithsonian "Power AND grace wrapped up in one beautiful package" -Car and Driver "I laughed, I cried, I hauled garbage to the dump" -William Ford "If you drive only one truck in your lifetime, make it this one"

-Siskel & Ebert "Wiiiiiilllbur!" -Mr. Ed "We will welcome them with bullets and shoes." -Baghdad Bob Don't miss this chance of a lifetime! August 1, 2003 at

Expected opening bid: $500,000. Arrive early for good seating. Punch and cookies will be served. Mustard available in the lobby. Enjoy!

Reply to
mtpiper

LOL! =`:^D Nice, mtpiper. Refreshing to see a poster with class!

-- frosty

mtpiper wrote:

Reply to
frosty

Dream on. I'll make an opening offer of $1.00 but you have to deliver the darn thing if I'm going to pay that kind of money. I've got a pond that I am trying to fill and that would seem like an appropriate place to put that abortion that you think is a truck. I'll bet you bought a Corvair when Chevy came out with them too. How about an Edsel? Do you have one of them in you stable of stuff that was rejected by the general public? I guess somehow you always end up with the stuff that nobody else wants. I won't embarrass you further by asking any questions about how you ended up with your wife or girlfriend.

Reply to
BaghdadBob

Yeah, too bad the "truck", and I use the term loosely, doesn't have any class.

Reply to
BaghdadBob

This guy's a knuckle-dragger if I ever saw one.

Reply to
E. Johnson

gee, if i knew they were so rare, i would not have traded the 4 that i had for diesels.

Reply to
Falcoon

I'm back! It just came to me this morning! How could I have been so blind to the obvious fact! If I were a psychiatrist, I would have seen the signs right away. Bob, you want one of these trucks so bad, you can taste it. It's the only way to explain your passionate writings on the subject. Give in to your feelings. Admit the truth. The more you deny the love that you possess for this truck, the more you will write about how you hate it so. Reward yourself. Get one.

Reply to
mtpiper

No matter what you say, I'm not giving you more than $1.00 for that tub of goo. I've got to sell it some day, you know.

Reply to
BaghdadBob