kodiac sidewinder step question

Would anyone like to offer their experiences with this step? None of the web sites I have found mention how it mounts. To the frame rail I hope? I would like to put these or any reasonably priced retractable steps on my 1979 F150. The sidewinder doesn't list any Ford applications prior to 1983. They don't have to be electrically retractable. I could swear I saw a type that swings out with the door but can't find any mention of this type online.

Thanks

Reply to
clamstrip fecadunker