1992 F-150 Moisture Problem

1992 F-150 4x4, 5L manual trans. 140k miles.

Lately it seems that whenever there's high humidity with rain/snow the truck doesn't want to start. The temperature itself doesn't seem to be the issue; as long as the air is dry the truck starts fine. The truck cranks fine, but doesn't catch. Occassionally, if I keep cranking, the truck *will* start, but run rough for the first minute or so. Before I start randomly replacing ignition parts I'd like some sort of idea where to look first. The plugs and wires are a couple of years old, but the cap and rotor are new. There also seems to be a strong smell of gas when this happens, almost as if the engine were flooded, but it's EFI, so that's not possible, is it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
BobR

First thing I'd do is check for any trouble codes. Have you already done so?

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

How about changing the plugwires, most likely cause and there due anyway

Reply to
johanb

I got a 94 150 with the same problem my mech changed the battery cables and it started fine for 3 months till the other day back to the same sh%t again

Reply to
obadiah