Life expectancy of v-10

Again you are legend in your own mind, knock yourself out.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

"Legend in your own mind" best describes someone who can't own up to their mistakes.

You can play mechanic if and when you get your facts straight.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Probably true Roy, even though I've been subscribed and posting to a.t.f for over ten years. More evidence that reality and Shojob are mutually exclusive.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

That would be a couple of years ago, as I said..

Reply to
Roy

Well, I'm sorry for starting a flame war over this little subject. I didn't mean for it get nasty. Buddah

Reply to
Richard Cox
200K miles should be easy if the vehicle is properly maintained. I traded my 1997 Expedition with the 5.4L at 149,000 miles and the engine was in great shape. I belong to an Expedition mailing list and a number of members have more than 200K on 5.4L engines. Most of the taxis in my area are ex-police Crown Victorias with 4.6L Modular Motors. I am sure some of the older ones are over 300K. Occasionally I see some oil smoke out of the rear (mostly early 90's CVs) but most don't smoke at all.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You didn't start a flame war. The exghange here was more a informational exercise imo.

Please, allow me to apologize for hi-jacking your thread.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Oh shit.....looks down at the odometer in his F-150 5.4 V8 ..176,000 and running like new and never burns a drop of oil.

I guess I am doing Ok then

Reply to
Mikey S.

truck?? Or are you doing what you always do, run your mouth spewing BS? : >>Ford advertises their 6.0 diesel as having B10 life design of

250,000 : >>miles, : >>and they state that is twice as long as their gas engine. So I guess : >>Ford : >>is saying their gas engines have a 125,000 mile life expectancy... : >

: >

: > More BS as Nobody knows nothing as usual. : : That would be you. : : : > I love these stupid comments. : : You should, that is what you are about to make. : : : > from people such as him. Life expectancy depends a LOT on maintainance : > and care. (whether is is abused or not) if you change oil ever 3k or : > so (not at Ford recommanded high mile intervals) and use good fuel, it : > will last 200K easy as I have run a lot of different gas motors in : > cars and truck well past 200K with no problems. : : This is where you should say " But I don't know jack about a diesel" but you : can't seem to help yourself. Do ya think that is why you get run out of : every group you post in? : : >ALso over 30 years ago : : Give us some recent history that is relevant will ya. : : > I drove a C70 chevy trixaxl dump while going to college and it had : > 150K on it when I started drive it and was original engine and it ran : > fine. It 427 had worked hard haul 30 ton GVW's and more most of its : > life. THe gas motor was just a low compression 427 tall block (it had : > slightly longer rods for better low end torque) with a nornal size : > crank, a 10 quart crank case pan with a engine oil cooler. Diesels : > cannot survive without a large crankcase and a engine oil cooler and : > equip a gas engine the same way and it last a very long time even in : > severe usage. (and tolerate longer change intervals too) These life : > expactancy claims of a diesle verse gas in pickup is greatly over : > played. : : You've played this same song at every truck group you have subscribed to. : You have been shown to be WRONG in every group. : : >BTW a OTR rigs 1000 cubic engine engine with a 6 or 8 gallon : > crank case, low boost and low RPM and a very narrow RPM range does : > have a long life but that is not the same engine as in a P/U. Only the : > fuel is the same and little more. Plus least we forget, just wait to : > pay the repair bill on the high tech diesel when it break because they : > are not the low tech diesel of the past that had little to go wrong : > with them. A V10 would be very cheep to repair and maintain. Not a big : > Ford fan but their V10 is a good engine. I might mention that the : > spark plug problems are from wrong spark plugs and torque for them not : > because the engine concept is defective because that could happen to : > any engine of any size. It is not hard to fix and the ones that blew : > plugs loosen up in bores and rattled around until they stripped out. : : The question that everybody should ask is Have you owned a diesel pick up : truck?? Or are you doing what you always do, run your mouth spewing BS? : : > TheSnoMan.com : :

Reply to
Mellowed

Had a cab driver in Baltimore with 490K on his Crown Vic w/the 4.6 modular.

Reply to
GMach3