Loss of heat

Driving along this day in Midwest, cold. Heat is working fine and all of a sudden no more heat. Check the vent direction and that valve flow appears to work fine, airflow through respective vents. Air conditioning definitely works. Check of radiator and hose from top to manifold and it is warm to the touch. Left truck running in driveway for about 20 minutes and no appearance of overheating. What does not seem to be reacting properly is the dashboard interior temp control dial for cold or hot. Very little if any detectable heat, warmer than outside temps appears to be coming out of vents. I have not yet checked heater hoses into heater box, if there are any. Any ideas before I take into Ford dealership

Ford F-250, Lariat, 4x4, automatic, 106K miles. Will be getting 100K service in Spring.

Thanks

Reply to
box2003

Blower motor is working and airflow through interior vents is correct for vent settings. Just no heated air coming through the vent.

Reply to
box2003

Check the coolant level.

Reply to
samstone

Low coolant?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Why not? This is the first thing to check when experiencing 'no heat' problem. At NOT both hoses should feel the same temp. If not then either there could be a blockage in one of the hoses/control valve problem in the hoses/ the core is blocked.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Cause of problem, vacuum hose became disconnected, air mixture director became dysfunctional. Price to fix, nothing. 100K mile service visit, $932.00. I requested both differentials be drained and refilled, new brakes on rear. I tried to talk them into shocks and front brakes but they would not bite, stating they did not need replacement. I guess I give them credit for not doing work that does not need to be done. About $1000.00 for 100K miles of trouble free service, amounts to about .01 per mile, not bad if you ask me.

BTW, how does the webtv work for you? I was a demo customer when it first came out and back then, it did not work so well.

Reply to
box2003