Burrrrrrrrrr-no heat! 1987 300E

:( I have a 1987 mercedes 300E and my heat is not working. the engine gets warm. my air works fine. the blower is fine. for some reason, this winter, i can?t get the heat to come on. it just blows cold, even with the dial in the the red all the way to the dot. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks! papashey

Reply to
papashey

Could be a few things, but my first guess would be that the monovalve has failed. This is the electrically controlled valve that controls whether or not coolant flows through the heater core. I jsut replaced mine in my 82 300 TDT this fall and it made the heat work a lot better.

I had put in rebuild kits in my old valve in the past, and that sort of fixed the problem, but with the new one the fine control that lets you ride along with the temperature steady has returned. It was $80 or something more than just the kit, but well worth it in the increased comfort in the car.

Paul Fretheim Independence, CA

We just set a record low temperature of 10 F the other night and it feels like it will be at least as cold t> :(

heav

Sorry link only goes part way for some reason.

:(

heav