MPG increase Chip

Is there a chip for a '94 Ranger or B4000 with 4.0 engine which will increase fuel mileage. Currently getting 20 to 21 mpg. 4.0L automatic.

Reply to
Clay

God, I wish I was getting numbers like that!

My Bronco gives 11.5 when it's doing good. That's primarily city driving, but highway driving is about 16.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Change out the o2 sensors, depending on the mileage. As they age they get lazy and it cuts down on the economy you can get when in closed loop operation.

Most chips are designed to improve wide open throttle performance, not exactly a way to get good economy.

Reply to
Mike H

Those are very good numbers for an auto. I had a '98 ranger w/ 4.0L 5 spd extended cab 4x4 and got avg. 17mpg

I now have a basic 2.3L 5spd Ranger. I find I can get 2 or 3 extra mpg by driving slower and pulling from a stop easier. Changing your driving style may be difficult, but for me, if gas is going to be near $3 a gallon, that's the was it has to be. John

Reply to
JohnR66