need advise on purchasing a used F250

im thinking about purchasing a 96 F250 XL 2WD w/ 37,000 miles from the original owner.engine is a 351.current owner needs a 4WD,making the 2wd available.i asked him if the vehicle was ever towed and was told yes,used to haul a 20 ft camper or trailer,i forget which one.anyone here have any input as to what this does to a vehicle?might be a stupid question to some of you,but i need some input. thanks

Reply to
Gymlift

miles from the original

2wd available.i

yes,used to haul a 20 ft

input as to what this

you,but i need some

It really depends on how much of the total 37,000 miles was towing, and if it was a lot of hill climbing. It really is no biggee if he only towed a dozen times for weekend camping trips, or so. Four years ago I towed a 24 foot trailer all around the country visiting relatives for 2 years with a 351 in a 94 F-150 XLT 4WD. All is well. In fact, that is the best truck I have ever had and will continue to drive for many years. Previously I drove a 76 F-150 with 460.

Reply to
GoGoGoGo

The truck was designed for it, don't sweat the pulling. I would focus more on the habits of your friend, if he takes care of his stuff...buy it. If he abuses stuff...don't.

-BunnMan

Reply to
BunnMan