New Ranger work truck prices

hi,

any idea what a non-frills white ranger work special might go for new? all i'd want is ac. i'd even take the crank windows. 4.0 if possible.

thanks

Reply to
joe mama

2WD/2DR "XL" basic model, short bed=$13,995 MSRP 2WD/2DR "Sport" model, short bed=$16,255 MSRP Long bed models=$15,470 for the XL and $17,910 for the Sport.
Reply to
H-DGuzzi

thx, but what about fleet prices, for a stripped model?

Reply to
joe mama

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:51:07 -0700, joe mama rearranged some electrons to say:

Did you consider calling your local Ford dealer?

Reply to
david

His phone or dialing finger must be broke.

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

I just bought an 07 F-150 XL Long bed, ac, auto. That it, just a plain white work truck. I paid $13400 after a couple of days and dealers.

Reply to
Rob

a daler give you a price over the phone? lololol, what country do you live in?

Reply to
joe mama

Before you set your sights on a Ranger, look at the base model (XL) F150. It has more room, greater capacity, and probably a better ride. I use my F150 to do home repairs -- handyman stuff -- and the Ranger hasn't the capacity for the wide range of tools and equipment that I need.

I saved money by finding a used XLT with low miles. I get the attraction of a new truck, but if you are going to beat the crap out of it, you may as well save some money and get a larger truck that can do more work. Just because it's used does not mean it is worn out.

After all of that, read the Sunday paper car ads. I think a Ranger is going for about $10,000, give or take a few dollars.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

A stripped model is the base 4-cyl motor, I'm not sure about if you get air conditioning or not. You want air and the 4.0 V6, so you are moving away from the stripped truck ...

I suggest you open the Sunday newspaper and see what you can get. There will be Veterans Day Sales coming soon, followed by Thanksgiving Day Sales two weeks later, with Christmas and New Year's Day Sales not far behind. There is also the Autotrader.com, where you will find an assortment of quality used trucks that might fit your needs. I'd bet that you can find a nice truck with a ladder rack and/or a camper shell that will keep your stuff secure, and spend less than the cost of a new truck.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Live in gold old USA and when we want fleet prices we call and ask for quotes, and written ones, sure dont go to a newsgroup and ask.

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams