Wierd Brake Line Hardware

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might know where I can go to get some abnormal hydraulic brake hardware...I don't even know if these exist, but I'm looking for a 'Tee', that could take 2 lines and join them into one.

Any idea where I might find something like this, if @ all?

Thanks!

Reply to
joeymink

My FLAPS has a drawer full of brass that should have what you are looking for, try a good independent parts store or a NAPA or CarQuest. This isn't that unusual, most older cars would have one or more, one at the rear axle and one up on the front crossmember somewhere.

nate

Reply to
N8N

These sometimes are seperate items on cars, but more often are a part of the rear-brake-hose on a rear-wheel-drive car.

So head to the auto parts store, poke around the brake fittings (car-quest/napa often have more stuff than pep-boys/autozone/etc), and if you come up short, ask to see a rear-brake-hose for a 1970 chevelle.

-Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Just be sure you buy STEEL, brass fittings don't belong on a brake system.

Reply to
Steve W.

All of the tees on my '55 Stude are brass, from the factory... very heavy, but brass...

nate

Reply to
N8N

The ones on my 86 Jeep are brass as well....

Mike

Mike Romain

You should probably alert the OEMs of their transgressions.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The problem is that the OP just stated a T fitting and didn't know these were a common part on vehicles. Considering how the post was worded the OP MAY have decided that a brass compression type T fitting at the local hardware store would be fine, they are NOT, Neither are the lightweight plumbing style fittings that are not designed for the flares on brake lines, and are illegal to use on brake lines in many states. Also 99% of the rear distribution blocks are Cadmium plated steel not brass. Much cheaper than brass.

Reply to
Steve W.

OK, to clarify, I was recommending heavy brass fittings intended for use with a standard 3/16" flared hard line, nothing else. You are correct, compression fittings probably aren't the best idea and would likely be an inspection failure if spotted.

nate

Steve W. wrote:

Reply to
N8N