New truck prices

Was at Ford today pricing new trucks. A base 4 cylinder Ranger with AC and a CD player cost the same as a similar V6 F-150! Adding a V8 to the F-150 really changes the price.

What's the "real world" mileage difference between the base Ranger and a 6 cylinder F-150? Both 5 speed manuals.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I bought my 04 Ranger (5 spd, 4 Cyl, AC) new at only $11,300 including tax and title. It stickered for about $16K. Ford had a $3k rebate (I think it was) plus negotiation. It was one of a 2 or 3 left over 04's left (April

05). Not too many cars come cheaper than that.

With the 3.73 gearing, I get about twice what the V6 F-150 gets. If you don't need to tow or the larger bed, there is false economy in buying a larger truck. John

Reply to
JohnR66