off roading

How can i make my f 350 deisel more durable for off raoding with out spending a huge amount of money

Reply to
bowngun5

Stick to dirt roads, I guess...try to be a little more specific about where you want to go off-roading and what kind of off-roading you plan to do...sand dunes, mud bogs, rocks, trails?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo
:

Tires are a biggie. If you have the wrong tires, you'll get stuck on a wet lawn.

Kate

Reply to
Kate" (please ask

Without trying to be cute, it is not the best choice for a couple a reasons. One is your truck weight about 500to 600 lbs more in front than a gas truck so there is more weight to carry and get you stuck in soft ground. Second if you play in water and mud, the slightest amount of water injestion that would not realy hurt a gas engine could destroy a diesel big time. Play cautiosly because whjle you think your torque is a asset off road, the extra weight is not.

SnoMan

As Kate said, get some good tires before you ever leave pavement. Also look into some life to keep you from dragging or getting high centered.

Reply to
Just me