Power steering gearbox seal... pressure won't blow it out

greetings- i wrestled the pitman arm off of my power steering gear, now im trying to get that seal out. The common knowledge seems to put fluid in, start the engine, and push the wheel all the way to lock, then push it harder to pop the seal out. Well, this hasnt worked for me (I actually blew the lid off the power steering fluid reservoir!) and i cannot get that finicky seal out to put my replacement in.

Any other methods for pulling it out? i cant seem to get anything in there to pry it out with

Thanks!

Reply to
Rob Kimball

BattleGodz