Ranger Seat Removal

I need to remove the bucket seats from a 2002 Ranger. The bolt is a star head. I have a #55 socket but it is too small and a #60 is too large. Three auto parts stores and the local hardware store says there is nothing in between. Anyone with some helpful ideas?

Don't ask why I need to remove them. Can you say "cat"?

Thanks Bob S

Reply to
RWS

My 93 Ranger with bucket seats also had a star head which I could not find a proper socket/allen wrench/torx head. I ended up grabbing the bolt head with a vise grip and taking it out that way. Not the best way, but it worked. Steve

Reply to
sf/gf

If not Allen or Torx it may be what is called a Triple Square, ............. yet another tool to buy!

Reply to
Eagle Creek

Never heard of Triple Square. Am I right in that it would be a 12 point head? Mine is six point.

Thanks

Reply to
RWS

Have you got "google'? type in ..... triple square drive .... and you will see !

Reply to
Eagle Creek