Ranger: Will Recharging the refrigerant make the AC cooler?

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6. The AC doesnít seem to be as cold as it should be. I donít use the AC that often at all, but I do try to
run it at least 2-3 times a month to get it a little use. There have been a few hot days lately and the AC doesnít seem to be blowing the cold air that it should. Would re-charging the refrigerant fix this and what type refrigerant do I need?
‚úĖ
"Shakieh31" wrote:

It would be R134 but if you are not sure of what you are doing, get someone who does and that can pressure check the hi and lo side of system to determine its true charge level.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:ca9141b8fa="Shakieh31"]I have a 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0L > V6. The AC doesn't seem to be as cold as it should be. I don't > use the AC that often at all, but I do try to run it at least > 2-3 times a month to get it a little use. There have been a > few hot days lately and the AC doesn't seem to be blowing the > cold air that it should. Would re-charging the refrigerant fix > this and what type refrigerant do I need?[/quote:ca9141b8fa] > > It would be R134 but if you are not sure of what you are > doing, get someone who does and that can pressure check the hi > and lo side of system to determine its true charge level.
Hey, thanks for the help. I will definately find someone that can do that! Thanks again.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ