Re: 99 Ranger lighting questions.

Same thing on my '99 and alot of others from my reseach. Per my receipt "pinpoint tests, replace switch" and all is well. Can't tell you how much, it was covered under my extended warranty ;-) By the way, your wipers will get a life of their own as with many others, also "pinpoint test, replace multi-function switch."

I bought the beast new, and know the maintenance and care history well. > > Recently, the little "Door Ajar" light came on and won't go out. > (Within the past week?) > > And today, when I parked the thing in the garage and opened the door, > the dome light failed to come on. Yes, the light still works. The > manual switch turned it on; also opening the passenger door made it > illuminate. And closing the passenger door with the driver's door still > opened kept the light on - until I shut the driver's door, too. > > I hope it is jut a fluke, but I've sen a fair bit of discussion on this > NG about lighting system problems and I'm wondering whether I need to > look at money output to solve a problem. > > (And incidentally, where is the switch that is supposed to turn on the > light when you open the door? I couldn't find it. From how far the > door opens before the light goes on (passenger side), I'd guess it was > neer the back of the door somewhere.) > > Thanks, folks. > > HR.
Reply to
Ron

Thanks,

HR.

(By the way, do you know where the switch might be?)

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth