Re: Lost money

4--$20 bills slid between winshield and dashbord on my '05 F-150.

>Any ideas on how to get them out w/o damaging dash board??

Man, it took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing! (sorry)

Disconnect the battery.

Take a thin piece of wire, about 20 AWG. Copper should work OK.

Bend a small loop on one end (about 3/8" diameter)

Get some sticky stuff (I have some 3M that I use, stays sticky for a long time).

Go fishing!

If you are lucky, they didn't slide down too far.

(BTW, this works well for defroster vents/ducts too.)

Reply to
PeterD

Or you could just give an accountant a ride somewhere.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Lawyer, works even better, they'll suck the change from the ash tray too!

Reply to
PeterD

Shop Vac??

john

Reply to
asadi

Would you be able to get an attachment into the area in question? That would be my first question. I have some 1/4" ID PVC flexible pipe (Won't collapse with vacuum) but that stuff is 3/8" OD, rather large for a typical crack. Any smaller and you would proably not get enough vacuum to actually grab anything.

But, it might work!

Reply to
PeterD

I tried and I gave up. Local repair shop in my home town knew how to take apart dashboard. Money was in duct work behind radio. He charged $30 for 1/2 hour labor and I tipped him $20. So, $50 to retrieve $80....oh well. BUT!!....BUT!!.....the next morning I won $50 on the Badger 5 Lottery!! It all worked out.

Reply to
Randy Randy

Ok... I guess that works! Everyone wins in the end, right?

Reply to
PeterD