Re: radiator question

1989 Ford E350 "Cube" Van (1-ton truck, Econoline, I believe), 460 ci

> (7.5liter?)gas engine, A/T, P/S, P/B, no A/C, Radiator about 30" wide, > 27" high, 2.5" deep (thick). Old Radiator has 3/8" rubber hose > connection on lower right (passenger side) which replacement one does > not. This connection has a restricting orifice about 1/16 or 3/32" in > diameter. Have not yet traced origin of this hose which does carry > water > and antifreeze. The transmission oil cooling lines go to a separate > cooler and do not tie into radiator. Considered tieing this "extra" > line > into drain plug opening on new radiator but it is an odd size and have > not been able to match it yet. Friends have different opinons whether I > should > just plug it or figure out a way to attached to the cooling system. Any > suggestions > or thoughts are welcome.

Dunno. Sounds weird...What does the hose go to? You've got 2 heater hoses, and thats about it...And those don't connect to the radiator anyway. I can't think of what it would be used for, so you will have to determine that. It's not one of those "flush" ports or something someone tacked on is it? If the water is not going to anything that requires it, it shoudn't be needed. But I'd make sure before I bypassed it. MK

Reply to
Mark Keith