Re: Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals

The longer intervals are mostly to promote sales in that newer models

> require less maintainance.

In your uneducated opinion.

Oil still breaks down and gets dirty and > new engines run hotter

What...the...f*ck? Yeah BMW installs a 400 deg T-stats now...

and are harder on the oil in them. You can > change oil very little in a car and maybe get 100K out of it but it is > what happens beyond 100K that shows how well your engine was > maintained. I change every 3K or so, always have and always will and I > have yet to wear out a engine or have to flush either and I have never > had stuck ring problems either in over 35 years of driving.

Do you have a stockpile of 35 year old oil or something? Your knowledge of oil is clearly obsolete.

I have > also run several vehicles well past 200K too and I have a few that are > now 18 years old and older and still run great and use no oil between

Funny... I've seen more than enough vehicles with 3 times that mileage that use extended oil change intervals that I can make the same claims about.

changes (I do not have to add). You can change your oil at 5 or 7K if > you want but not me and you are better off to change it often with > cheaper oil than try to stretch it out with high dollar oil because > they both still get dirty. > ----------------- > TheSnoFlake

Yeah Snoball recommends cheap oil with no silly "API donut".

Reply to
Heatwave