Re: Where to buy a catalytic converter?

> Any auto parts seller or muffler / exhaust shop can get you one... > >

The stock replacement giant catalytic converter called for on my F-250 w/460 costs about $400.00 and up everywhere, that is NOT installed. They tell me it is the most expensive catalytic converter you can buy. Thank god the truck passes the emissions test with flying colors with a hollow catalytic converter... Shop around but don't be shocked if you don't find it substantially cheaper.

Good Luck

Reply to
429SCJ

Autozone website does not have it. Neither does walkerexhaust.com. Best I can tell, the Ford Factory is the only supplier of the Converter. Any exhaust experts on this thread?

Reply to
b.l.

You might try the forums at

. They have an exhaust forum.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Never used 'em, but found it with a quick search. Good luck.

Reply to
gw

Oops, you have the 5.4. Maybe they have that, too.

Reply to
gw

===============================

Does anyone know of a good source for a cat for my 1997 F150 with a

5.4? The passenger side cat split and the truck has 99k. Autozone website does not have it. Neither does walkerexhaust.com. Best I can tell, the Ford Factory is the only supplier of the Converter. Any exhaust experts on this thread?

=================================

Pick up the phone and call around to the parts stores.

AutoZone carries "Catco" convertors....

Catco has a replacement for it.. do a google..

.gibson6string.. exhaust expert in the thread.... =================================

Reply to
Guitar Boogie

Thanks for the thoughts but STILL no joy. No catalytic converter found for 1997 F150 5.4 engine.

Reply to
b.l.

Cruiser and others, Thanks for the info. Still could not find a replacement for the 5.4 engine but thanks to you, I found a Universal available at Summit racing and JC Whitney.

Reply to
b.l.