Reverse threads ?

A friend is replacing belts and what not on his '89 Ranger, 1.9L I think, and is having problems breaking the bolt on the harmonic balancer. Anyone know which way the threads are? As far as I remember any I have done ar normal threads but we are beginning to wonder about this four cylinder. It's the one with 8 spark plugs...

Reply to
wß

cylinder.

Start the engine and note what the direction of rotation is. The bolt will most likely break loose in that same direction.

Reply to
Tyrone

He got it. It was normal threads, NOT reversed. Heads up Tyrone.

Reply to
wß