Spare tire on cab and chassis

Why is it that the Ford cab and chassis has the fuel tank installed where the pickups usually have the spare tire storage? Both trucks have about the same fuel capacity.

That said, I am at a loss as to where to store said tire in a work truck without sacrificing storage space on a day to day basis, ie. no long trips from home.

-contractor who drives on nails and gets no flats

-knocks on wood with hammer

Reply to
Rod Hanson

For the most part, always keeping good tires on my vehicles has meant that I haven't had a flat tire since 1984, and that was on a bad tire on a sloppy front end that I fully expected to go long before it did. While I was at Pro-tech talking to them about the details of my bed and where to carry the spare LARGE 19.5 inch wheel & tire for the 2005 F-450, I came to the realization that I have two spares mounted on the rear axel. Plus I have emergency roadside coverage from Ford for 3 years, as well as towing with State Farm insurance. If that doesn't cut it, I decided that if the flat is on the rear I can hobble to the repair shop, and if it is on the front, I'll take a tire off the rear and hobble to the repair shop.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ

I feel compelled to say, I absolutely disagree with your viewpoint.

Reply to
Tyrone

Ah! You need to read between the lines.LOL Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

I knew there must have been a trick to understanding his point of view.

Reply to
Tyrone