stuck tailgate 'F100

My longbed '82 has little tabs that are supposed to slide in when you pull the latch up - it seems the problem is at the right side where the "tabs" slide into the truck. Any fixes, besides "get a junkyard replacement"? I know J.C. Whipme sells a new center latch...

Reply to
kundalini

Penetrating oil? Silicone spray?? WD 40???

Reply to
Advocate

Have you opened up the panel on the inside of the tailgate to see if any thing is broke or seized up? Usually the best way to fix something like that.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

I'll do that tomorrow. I need to file this under most of my ?s; under D for dumb....

Marl> Have you opened up the panel on the inside of the tailgate to see if any

Reply to
kundalini

Well, there's a little cover plate in the tailgate that reveals all the inner workings. As far as I could find, JC is by far the cheapest option if that does turn out to be what you need.

Reply to
Joe

AutoZone/PepBoys/Advance all have the latch for less than $20, I believe.

Reply to
scrape

AutoZone/PepBoys/Advance all have the latch for less than $20, I

I will NEVER walk in ANY PEPBOYS again....Autozone etc. are okay, and the few times I've been to NAPA I've been impessed.

I got some body parts at a junkyard today :+) but still no time to download the photos I took of my truck....any ideas, like Yahoo Photos, etc.?

I gotta find a place to sand this sucker down...I took the family to a state park last year and tried during a picnic, but "rangers " kept driving by...

I painted my first gastank for my bike in a shopping center parking lot

- feeling like a criminal - I just use my patio (apt.) for small stuff now... maybe it's time to rent a garage SOMEWHERE...my buddies tell me to rent a room in a transient neighborhood, and paint away outside!

Even buying a trailer is starting to appeal to me (NOPE), just so I can do this stuff, but this is the last vehicle I want to "customize"

Reply to
kundalini