synthetic oil: will it help keep up oil pressure

Hi Group:

90 Ford 7.3 (turbo) with a heavy camper.

Only when I use my camper, which is quite a heavy load. When the engine heats up, stopping at a traffic lite, the oil pressure warning light comes on.

I have replaced the sensor. My question, would using Wally world synthetic oil, help keep up the pressure? My unit doesnt burn oil.

Trying to attach a gauge is a major, job as the sensor output is hidden well down below.

I'll listen to any advise, thanks group Joe

--> Remove par from email address for replying

Reply to
golf

No problem here with Mobil 1 in my 2003 Supercrew 5.4

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

In a diesel, such as yours, make certain you use a compression rated (C) rated oil, as per your owners manual. There are many out there, I favor Shell Rotella 15-40 (also available as a synthetic - Rotella T 5-40), other swear by Delo. I would approach your situation from a different angle - what can you do to bring down the engine temperature? Is the radiator clear? Correct coolant ratio? Fan clutch operational (a known trouble item on many vehicles)?, auxiliary tranny cooler? etc.....

Reply to
bomar

To answer your question, no. You'd be best off using a name brand straight

30 weight oil.
Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to