transmission help??

hi i would like to know what the differances between the AOD and the ford METRIC automatic overdrive are. i have an aod in my 86 f-150 and i have the metric one from an 88 thunderbird. i would like to know if i can use the metric trans in my truck? any help would be apreaciated. thank you JOE

Reply to
joemooney

It's just a different transmission. The T-bird/Mustang transmission is an A4LD. The two don't have anything in common except the number of gears.

Can you use it? If you want to. It might not last long. It's light duty, as you can imagine, but the AOD is no great shakes either. A4LD's were used in Explorers, Rangers, and Aerostars, some of which were pretty darn heavy.

Reply to
Joe

thanks for the info joe.

Reply to