power door locks only work sometimes

I have a 2000 ford f150 lariat and the power locks only work some of the time. This happens either when I use the key chain remote, keyless entry or pushing the lock button inside on the door. I have heard this is a common problem with f150's. Any advice on how to fix the problem?

Reply to
DAVE DAVIS

and if they work sometimes, do they work on full speed or really slow ??

if so, you need doorlock actuators

Reply to
johanb

You know, to be honest, it was a common problem with power door locks on everything over the last 40 years. The problem is usually that it rains on the actuators, and they never were well-engineered to begin with. Sometimes you'd have an electrical problem instead, as simple as a half-unplugged connector. You pretty much have to find those the old-fashioned way.

Reply to
Joe