Vacuum Operated Heat Control Valve (VOHV)

I have a 1985 E-150 camper van. The previous idiot/owner apparently gutted the valve from the VOHV assembly, leaving two holes where the shaft used to stick out for exhaust to now escape. The vacuum control diaphragm is still there, but there isn't now anything for it to connect to.

Apparently this is a sort of vacuum-operated heat-riser, and I have NOT been able to find a replacement.

Is there a standard heat riser that would bolt on replace the VOHV valve?

Maybe someone has an idea where I could get another VOHV?

Failing all else, I'll just put a bolt through the holes to stop the maddening tick ... tick ... ticking.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, sources, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richfie1d