Value of restored 1950 F-1 pick up?

Anyone have knowledge of the approximate value of a totally restored

1950 F-1? My son-in-law is considering having his grandfather's restored. It was driven into a garage 15 years ago in running condition with only a brake line/cylinder leak.

I want to give him some idea of what it would be worth to have it restored versus "fixed up".

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
gary

The only advice that I will give is to remember that sentimental value and "real $'s" value do not live in the same universe. It may well be worth more to him for the memories that the truck can haul around than any dollar amount that it may be worth on the market. A full bore restoration will take time (a lot), money (buckets and buckets), and energy (seemingly enough to power a small town :-). But what better way to remember the past.

Truck On Bob

In the past;

1968 Mercury Monterey, 1974 F-100, 1978 F-250, 1982ish Fairmont Current; 1992 Ranger, 1992 Dodge W-250 4x4 Cummins (If only Ford would wise up and drop either a Cummins or Caterpillar diesel in their pickup truck, I would trade in that old Dodge in half a heartbeat)
Reply to
theotherBob