What Truck to Buy?

My hubby is wanting to buy an older truck. Something before 1980, without all that govt mandated crap on it. He mainly wants to use it as a light haul truck, say hauling home-fix-up items back from the hardware store, and stuff he buys at yard sales. What would you recommend as a "best buy" in an older truck, what makes and models would you say to avoid?

Reply to
EarthMother1488

No truck in the world as pretty as the '56 F100.

Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Reply to
Richard Cox

I once owned a '75 F100. Great truck. Simple, lot's of room to work in, and nearly bulletproof. Had the 360 and a four speed with the granny gear, and had straight pipes with headers. This was a small town in Montana, where you could get away with it, or could 15 years ago.

That truck is one reason why I'm a new owner of an '03 Ranger XL. Nice to see Ford still makes a tough little truck.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd