Which Engines are blowing the plugs

I'm about to buy a van. I've been reading about the Fords blowing the plugs out of the heads. I think this was only happening in the "modular" engine models, but I'm not sure. Does anyone here have the scoop on this problem and is it a real problem or only isolated incidents? TIA, -cadjak

Reply to
cadjak

I have a 2002 F150 4X4 w/5.4. At 98000KM had to replace both heads due to plugs blowing out. After the first plug incident we checked all others for tightness but still lost the second plug (on the other side) a month later. When the plug blow out, it also ruins a coil pack... in Canada the coil pack is about $80/90. Under Ford "Goodwill Warranty, they covered 75% of repair cost... cost me about $850. out of pocket. Still better than a kick in the butt with a frozen boot.

PW

Reply to
Peter Wood

Reply to
coryrhonda

Older 5.4L. The later two valve ones (2003) and the new three valve heads do not have the problem.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Reply to
Octo

You will see a lot of posts on some boards from V10 owners with this problem.

Reply to
Shepard