1992 buick regal 3100 lifter noise

I have a 92 regal with the 3100 engine, 120,000 miles, regular oil changes, clean yellow oil . Recently, upon starting the car , it had excessive lifter noise..sounds like all of then are noisy......sounded like a diesel,as if the lifters were not getting any oil.(it also now runs lousy)The oil pressure checks at 60 psi at the sender switch near the filter.........A local shop confirmed my suspicion and said an oil passage to the lifters must be clogged. Has anyone ever heard of this and is there any easy fix besides taking the top off the motor etc.? How do you even clear out the passage? Can a pressure reading be taken off the top of the engine? Thanks very much in advance tom

Reply to
tjdriscoll

Shep

Reply to