1994 s-10 electrical help needed

1994 s-10 purchased used. Had a bad rear view mirror switch so I replaced it. First time using the new switch, it too went bad. I check the power and I am getting power from what appears to be 2 sources. This would be on the orange wire to the switch. I say this because if I pull the fuse for the mirror switch, the continuity light continues to light. If I also pull the courtesy light fuse the probe light goes out.

After spending lots of time on this, I have also discovered that when doors are closed the dome lamp glows, but it is dim. If I pull the dome lamp bulb, the problem goes away, and each fuse acts correctly.

The truck does not have DRL, and I have replaced the mirror switch, the third brake light, the door jamb switches, the headlight switch, and the dimmer switch, with brand new GM parts.

I did pull the door panels, as well as the accordions from the doors to the pillar and saw no cracked, broken or stripped wires. When I look at the schematics, I don't see where these two circuits cross paths. Assuming I want the dome lamp to work correctly, anyone out there have any ideas where to look for the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
earl