door open switches

Those little switches on the door jamb that turn on the overhead dome light in my 94 Camry have been acting funny lately. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't. I have to wiggle the switch for the light to work. I assume the switches have dirty contacts or something. Is there an easy way to fix this? Do you just remove the rubber boot and spray some contact cleaner in there or is it necessary to remove the whole assembly and mess with it on the bench?

Reply to
badgolferman

boot and spray some

Probably all of the above to overcome the corrosion.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

"badgolferman" schreef in bericht news:JEyTb.9998$Ii2.833@lakeread03...

Look at the reply from Scott from Florida to my post dated jan 26 2004. I believe gives the solution to your problem. However. I don't know if you have a tell-tale light on your dash that the doors are open. If that lights chances are that the problem is in the overhead light. Contact points in the switch may be riveted to the base of the light. These rivets conduct the current to the internal tracks in the light assembly. Retightening the rivets solved my problem. My doorswitches have only one lead and with the tell tale light comming on it couldn't be the switch.

EJK

Reply to
EJK

Do you just remove the rubber boot and spray some

Yes. WD-40 Then hold down the plunger and let it snap back into position a few times. Should do the trick. Unless yours have somehow become more seriously corroded - but the rubber cover should have prevented that.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus