1997 2.4L Buick Skylark stalling during takeoffs

I finally found my problem with my 1997 Skylark (2.4L) stalling at take off. While I was in the process of starting to remove the throttle body I found a vacuum line that goes from the MAP sensor to the intake manifold (it's about 4-6in long) that looked like it was cracked. When I tried to remove it, it started acting like bubblegum, stretching. What I think had happened was some gas got onto it (I had the fuel press. reg. replaced) and it started to dissolve. As the engine warmed up, so did the vacuum line, making it collapse. No MAP sensor, engine runs rich, poor mileage. My mileage has gotten better, it's now about

27mpg from 23mpg, I don't think that's to bad after 182,000 miles.

Jens

Trim your elevator?

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Have you always been so insightful or did you have to work at it?

Reply to
Jens