1998 Skylark alternator change?

Does anyone have or know where I could find schematics on how to do this? We managed a change in a Skyhawk, but the Skylark is completely different O.o and while we know where to begin we just can't get the alternator out of the engine to change it out for one that actually works...

Cat

Reply to
amithecat

What engine?

It should be quite obvious - not to be sarcastic. Likely there will be one bolt on the right lower corner as you look at the alternator from the passenger fender. There will be another behind it - facing the firewall, just behind the lower left corner. There will be a third behind the left side of the alternator, about the mid-line. If you look, you'll see the bolts - or feel them.

You probably should invest in a Haynes manual or the likes, available from just about any aftermarket parts store.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Probably a 3.1. Isn't that alt on top of the engine in plain sight?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
Ami-chan

Hmmm, 2 bolts and it comes right off. One plug and one wire nut. Perhaps it is corroded on? Try tapping or prying on an ear. Please don't be insulted, but I have to ask: Is the belt off?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul