2000 Impala rear wheel arch design

I recently inherited a nice 2000 Impala. Very pleased overall. But I noticed that there is a ledge / pocket at the front edge of the rear wheel arch that catches debris flung off the wheel. I figure this will rust out in no time here in Canada. Why did GM design it that way? I noticed that the design was changed in later models. If I cut a hole, I will leave an exposed metal edge which will rust for sure. Comments?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Garland

Pressure wash it off and then get some of that rubberized spray undercoating...

Reply to
Paradox

There are alot of model that have the rock catcher in front of the rear wheels. Fords Maquis & Crown Victoria in 2001 eliminated the lip around the rear wheelwell openings.

Check with a Chevy parts department, I think in 2001 the rear wheel wells had a plastic liner that fit right up gainst the the area in question. You may be able to add it to your 2000

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,304 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face